Trailer released for latest Wes Anderson film, "The Grand Budapest Hotel"

After a dramatic production process, the world is getting its first glance at the trailer for Wes Anderson’s upcoming film, “The Grand Budapest Hotel.”

The film takes place in a world-renown European hotel, named The Grand Budapest Hotel. The movie tells the story of the hotel’s lobby boy and his relationship with Gustave H, the swindling, eccentric concierge clerk. When Gustave is mysteriously bequeathed a murdered, wealthy widow’s prized Renaissance painting and is suspected as her murderer, the hunt for his head is on.

Much in the vein of Anderson’s previous critically acclaimed release, “Moonrise Kingdom,” “The Grand Budapest Hotel” promises to be a quirky, dry witted farce featuring police chases, playfully insensitive humor and a beautiful European locale in the mountains of Germany.

A classic-style film — the trailer is shot in the old-school 4-3 aspect ratio — Anderson’s latest film boasts what is perhaps his most exhaustingly star-studded cast to date. Ralph Fiennes — who played Lord Voldemort in many of the Harry Potter movies — Edward Norton, Harvey Keitel, Jude Law, Adrien Brody, F. Murray Abraham and Tom Wilkinson all appear in the movie, as well as some of Anderson’s regulars — Bill Murray, Owen Wilson and Jason Schwartzman.

With the stage set for his eighth feature-length film, Anderson fans now play the waiting game. “The Grand Budapest Hotel” has a nationwide release date of March 7, 2014.