"Duck Dynasty's" Robertson family to release holiday album

Nothing says happy holidays like bushy beards, camouflage and duck calls. At least that will be the case when Duck the Halls: A Robertson Family Christmas hits shelves this October.

The Robertson clan is putting its Duck Commander stamp of approval on the holidays with its debut Christmas album, which features wacky if not completely absurd Christmas titles such as “Hairy Christmas,” “Christmas Cookies” and “Camouflage and Christmas Lights.”

The clan, including Phil, Willie, Jase and crazy uncle Si, has a few classic Christmas songs on its 13-track album, such as “Silent Night,” “The Night Before Christmas” and “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.”

The album features performances from country stars Luke Bryan, Josh Turner, Alison Krauss and legendary country crooner George Strait.

But are these country superstars an attempt to save a potential music flop?

No strangers to celebrity, the Robertson men have commandeered every marketing avenue, including beach towels, calendars, clothes, ice chests, sun glasses and even Halloween candy. It just seems natural for them to move into the next avenue with a record deal.

Oddly enough, none of the Robertsons sing on the show except for Jase’s wife Missy, who led the wedding march at Phil and Kay’s wedding renewal. But if the show is any indication, the album is sure to prove humorous. Any sign of Si singing his heart out is enough to win us over.

The tight-knit family that came to capture America’s heart and ratings has cemented its name in Hollywood. Anything with the Duck Commander logo or the group's bushily bearded faces instantly sells out. Despite the fact that this album might prove to be total garbage, it will most likely be a huge hit.

At least that is what country star Jason Aldean told 99.5 WYCD Detroit Country’s radio station.

“They’re so hot right now, I think they can put out anything and it’s gonna do well,” Aldean said. That’s what I told Willie. I said, ‘Man, I’ve been a musician my whole life. You get a TV show. You come to town and get a record deal. You got people trying to throw record deals at you. I spent years here trying to get one.’ I’m like, ‘You’re gonna release a Christmas album. It’s gonna go 10-times platinum. You’re gonna sell more records than me and Luke (Bryan) combined.”

With a pay increase of $200,000 per episode and record breaking ratings — Duck Dynasty brought in 11.8 million viewers for the season four premiere, making it cable's most-watched nonfiction TV show to date — the redneck family is not planning to fade into the background anytime soon.

We can’t help but feel that a record deal was a little far-fetched, but we will have to wait and see what the verdict is on this seasonal album, out Oct. 29.

While this record looks to prove as quirky and original as the TV show, one thing is certain: It will leave Duck Dynasty’s biggest fans happy, happy, happy.