Austin Events for Aug. 30

Do not let the three-day weekend tempt you into leaving Austin until Tuesday. There are plenty of things to be done in the Capital city this weekend. Kick your Labor Day weekend off with one of these three Friday night events, all under $10. 

1. All My Friends, White Walls and Gang Sign at Spider House

There is both good and bad news. The bad news is LCD Soundsystem has been broken up for quite a while now. The good news is LCD Soundsystem has been broken up just long enough to merit their own tribute band, and that tribute band is playing at Spider House tonight. Local bands Gang Sign and White Walls are opening for the tribute band, the aptly named All My Friends. Doors at 9, music at 10. Entry is $5-8. More info here.

2. Code Blue: Austin's Friday Night Blues Dance

If bouncing along in a room full of sweaty hipsters to an alternative tribute band falls short of your lofty expectations, perhaps an evening of dancing to B.B. King and Etta James is more your style. Go Dance Studio hosts a blues dance every Friday night with free lesssons given at 9 p.m. and then a BYOB DJ-ed dance from 9:30 p.m. to 1 a.m. Entry to the DJ-ed dance is $5. More info here.

3. Dana Falconberry, Brass Bed and Reservations at Mohawk Indoor

Remember when we told you not to miss Dana Falconberry when she plays in Austin? Tonight, Falconberry's fairy music will be filling the indoor stage at the Mohawk, with local bands Brass Bed and Reservations opening. Doors at 9, music at 10. Entry is $10. More info here.