Lunchtime Links Weekend Edition

For this weekend edition of our daily links, The Daily Texan Life and Arts section has compiled a list of exciting things for you to do this weekend.

FRIDAY

KVRX will have their annual Pledge Drive Show tonight at the Emo’s Annex.  Go out and support your only local student run radio station.

If the 1970s are more your scene, the third annual Austin Roller Disco is happening. It is one of the few chances you may have to wear hot pants. 

We just profiled local rock band Scorpion Child. These guys are playing at Stubb’s tonight for $10!

SATURDAY

Violet Crown Cinema is showing the Oscar nominated short films, both live action and animated, at various times. Short films are always adorable and sweet, right?

“Beyoncé: Life is But a Dream” premieres on HBO. Pre-game by listening exclusively to Beyoncé all day and wearing some sequins.

Banger’s chef Ted Prater is the hottest chef in Austin! Spend your Saturday night with beer and sausage…and then watch Beyoncé of course.

SUNDAY

It’s Lucky J’s 2nd anniversary! That means a chicken & waffles block party.

Right after Valentine’s Day, Alamo Drafthouse at the Ritz is doing a Master Pancake of romance classic “Casablanca.” 

Bushwick Bill of  Geto Boys will be at Hotel Vegas. Take full advantage of your Sunday and dance ‘til ya drop. Plus, dollar drinks until midnight.