Digesting the Grammys. Please, tone it down next year.

Justin Timberlake performs at his Post Grammy Concert at the Palladium, Sunday, Feb. 10, 2013, in Los Angeles. (Photo by Todd Williamson/Invision/AP)

If there is one thing the producers of the Grammy Awards love, it’s a collaboration.

Last night’s awards show was filled with them and the only linking factor between the collaborative performances was the fact that each was made up of artists no one ever expected to see on stage together.

Dr. John with The Black Keys? Rihanna alongside Sting? And of course the not-to-be-forgotten Elton John and Mumford & Sons mash-up.

It would be no surprise to find out that these performers are paired up based on some drawing out a hat system — there’s no way someone just comes up with these collaborations on his own.

Really, it’s a bit ironic. The Grammy Awards are dedicated to celebrating the best music of the year, or so they say. Yet they take the best acts of the year, throw some other honorable mentions up on the stage with them, and call it a Grammy-worthy performance.

The people are not pleased, Grammy producers. This does not make sense to us. You are overpowering our musical palettes. Please, we ask of you, tone it down a bit next year. It’s the least you can do if you’re going to continue to select hosts like LL Cool J.