The Eyes of Texas: Racist tradition or cornerstone of school sprit?
Student Government debated on Tuesday about whether to continue singing the University’s fight song “The Eyes of Texas” at its weekly meetings, amidst student and faculty criticisms that the song has a racist history. Read this story
NewsApril 18, 2018 4:20 PM
NewsApril 17, 2018 10:45 PM
NewsApril 17, 2018 10:29 PM
SponsoredMarch 13, 2018 9:43 AM
Life and ArtsApril 17, 2018 9:20 PM
NewsApril 17, 2018 10:21 PM
Latest in News
- With February’s mass shooting in Parkland, Florida, still fresh on her mind, Jennifer Glass said she sees her legal fight against the state’s campus carry law in a new light.
- Students looking at next year’s course catalog for the College of Liberal Arts may be surprised to find a new undergraduate minor on the list — Medieval Studies.
Latest in Opinion
- Columnist Rachel Freeman makes the case that ending the bag ban would not be so bad.
- Columnist Kereece McLean wants you to think before you fat-shame.
Latest in Sports
- For the second straight game, the Longhorns won a game with a starting position player taking the mound in the ninth inning.
- As the Longhorns’ Orange-White spring game draws one day closer, offensive coordinator Tim Beck took a step back after what he called an “unfocused” practice.
Latest in Life & Arts
- Amy Schumer, one of Hollywood’s most controversial figures, has made the most problematic good movie in weeks.
- Check out these five phenomenal study spots that help get you away from campus while getting your work done.