UT black architecture alumna shares her experience on 40 Acres in 1960s
For most people, their college years are some of the best years of their life. For Betti Poindexter-Blackshear, her college years were some of the most difficult and challenging. Read this story
NewsFebruary 23, 2018 12:09 AM
NewsFebruary 23, 2018 12:08 AM
Life and ArtsQ&A: Animation sensation Ron Campbell discusses his work on “Yellow Submarine,” inspirations and future endeavorsFebruary 22, 2018 11:19 PM
SportsFebruary 23, 2018 7:07 PM
SportsFebruary 22, 2018 11:40 PM
NewsBalancing UT’s budget and rising tuition: Where does the University’s money come from and where does it go?February 22, 2018 12:34 AM
Read the latest The Daily Texan issue!
Latest in News
- The UT Police Department is working with prosecutors to determine charges for the two women who left unattended holstered pistols in bathrooms this week, UTPD spokeswoman Cindy Posey said.
- People who don’t open themselves up to new career opportunities will have more regrets than those who do, said Ruth Porat, executive vice president and chief financial officer of Alphabet Inc., Google’s parent company.
Latest in Opinion
- Senior Columnist Caleb Wong pushes students to utilize UT's newest contemplative space.
- Editor-in-Chief candidate Liza Anderson envisions the Texan as a space for investigation and engagement.
Latest in Sports
- Texas junior infielder DJ Petrinsky threw around the word “sweep” this week prior to the Longhorns’ series with No. 23 LSU this weekend. That’s off the table.
- Friday’s events at the Big 12 Championships resulted in senior Jonathan Roberts’ third consecutive title in the 400-yard individual medley.
Latest in Life & Arts
- “Game Night” feels like a film conceived by two extraordinarily high filmmakers between tokes: What if David Fincher’s “The Game” met the Steve Carell/Tina Fey vehicle “Date Night,” and it was about people who liked having a game night?
- Nearly 13 years after her last “Star Wars” movie, Natalie Portman makes her long-awaited return to the science-fiction genre. Judging by the results, she should do it more often.