By the Numbers: vs. Oklahoma State

Photo Credit: Daulton Venglar | Daily Texan Staff

24-5 – Texas’ record against Oklahoma State. Four of the Oklahoma State wins have come in the last six years. 

7 – The current winning streak of the road team when the Longhorns and the Cowboys play. Texas will be on the road in Stillwater this Saturday. 

20 – The number of consecutive seasons, including 2016, that the Longhorns and the Cowboys have met. Texas has won 15 of those matchups. 

16 – The number of penalties the Longhorns received against Oklahoma State last year, totaling 128 yards. 

3-4 – Texas’ record under head coach Charlie Strong when playing a game at 11am. 

3-14 – Texas’ record under Strong when the opponent scores 21 or more points against the Longhorns. Oklahoma State has scored 24 or more points in each of their games this season. 

44.67 – The average number of points the Longhorns have scored per game this season. This is up nearly 20 points from the average 26.42 in the 2015 season. 

500.3 – The average number of total offensive yards per game by Texas this season. The Longhorns had an average of 370.8 yards per game last year. 

307 – The number of rushing yards by Texas against Cal in their last game. They gained an average of six yards per rush. 

507 – The number of total yards given up by Texas against Cal. 

4 – Texas’ rushing touchdowns against Cal. D’Onta Foreman and Chris Warren III each scored two. 

33 – The passing attempts by Texas freshman quarterback Shane Buechele, his highest of the season. He completed 19 of those passes. 

22 – The Longhorns’ rank in the AP Poll. 

1296 – The number of passing yards by Oklahoma State junior quarterback Mason Rudolph this season. He ranks 11th in passing yards in the FBS. 

488 – The receiving yards of Oklahoma State junior receiver James Washington. He is tied for fifth for most receiving yards in the FBS.

387 – The passing yards allowed by Oklahoma State against Baylor. Baylor averaged 21.5 yards per completion. 

211 – The number of rushing yards by Oklahoma State’s rushing leader, freshman running back Justice Hill.

12 – The number of third down conversions, out of 20 attempts, by Oklahoma State against Baylor. They also converted two out of four fourth down attempts. 

3 – The number of fumbles lost by Oklahoma State against Baylor, including a critical one on Baylor’s one-yard line. 

57 - The Cowboys’ red-zone conversion percentage against Baylor. They failed to score three times when in the red-zone. 

90 – The minutes that the Cowboys’ game with Baylor was delayed due to lightning. The week before, Oklahoma State underwent a nearly two-hour delay against Pittsburgh in Stillwater, again because of lightning.