Gender gap in STEM persists despite increased representation of women
Last year, UT ranked in the top 10 of U.S. universities for scientific research by the Nature Index database. Along with this came a litany of reports, such as the Elsevier global research group’s 2017 report, which found that the proportion of female researchers is growing. Read this story
NewsAugust 6, 2018 10:16 PM
Life and ArtsAugust 3, 2018 4:39 PM
SportsJuly 30, 2018 10:43 PM
SportsAugust 5, 2018 9:27 PM
NewsJuly 20, 2018 2:20 PM
Life and ArtsJuly 26, 2018 1:13 PM
Latest in News
- The University has canceled two undergraduate courses for the fall semester taught by English professor Coleman Hutchison, who was recently found to have engaged in an inappropriate relationship with a former graduate student, according to an Austin American-Statesman report.
West Campus ‘sex trafficking’ rumors false, UTPD confirms flyers are from legitimate casting companyAfter a tweet with over 3,200 likes and retweets about suspected sex trafficking flyers in West Campus raised alarm over the weekend, the UT Police Department said the rumors were unfounded.
Latest in Opinion
- Columnist Alyssa Jingling urges students to engage more with locally grown food.
- Columnist Alyssa Jingling encourages students to incorporate sustainability into their back to school wardrobe.
Latest in Sports
- After practice on Monday, Texas head coach Tom Herman was more vocal than usual about where many players sit on the depth chart going into week one at Maryland.
- Sophomore quarterback Sam Ehlinger will be Texas’ starting quarterback in the season opener against Maryland, head coach Tom Herman announced in a post-practice media availability Monday morning.
Latest in Life & Arts
- Although college students are among the most debt-ridden individuals in America, they’re also some businesses’ most sought-out targets.
- Incoming Longhorns are usually swamped with opportunities to learn about college, but even a lengthy orientation, advice from peers and online resources can still leave you feeling unprepared for this next chapter in life.