Texas Democrat files bill that alerts colleges if transfer students have history of sex offenses
House Bill 524 would require "specific notation" on the transcript of students who have violated the school's code of conduct because of a sex offense as well as whether the student was suspended, expelled or withdrew from the school. Read this story
NewsDecember 11, 2018 10:24 AM
NewsDecember 9, 2018 11:40 PM
NewsDecember 9, 2018 11:35 PM
NewsDecember 9, 2018 11:27 PM
NewsDecember 5, 2018 11:56 PM
NewsDecember 7, 2018 12:53 AM
Latest in News
- A UT student reported a non-stranger sexual assault that occurred at 5 p.m. Sunday, according to a campus-wide safety alert email
- The lawsuit specifically goes after UT's speech policies and manuals, both of which prohibit verbal harassment, and argues they violate the First Amendment because they are too vague in their definitions of such behavior.
Latest in Opinion
- Columnist Sanika Nayak advocates for a more inclusive space for women at Gregory Gym.
- Columnist Emily Caldwell urges UT to expand bike parking options on campus.
Latest in Sports
- Karen Aston has repeatedly said this year’s Texas squad is “going to need to find their identity more than once.”
- An offensive possession nearly 14 minutes into the game encapsulated Texas’ first half on Saturday evening.
Latest in Life & Arts
- When finance junior Chandler Simmons was a freshman in 2016, he and his roommates threw a party in their West Campus apartment. At the end of the night, he found a motionless girl on the bathroom floor. Simmons was not aware that UT grants amnesty to underage students should they take a person to receive emergency services due to alcohol poisoning, so he and his friends took longer to react to a dire situation.
- Need a break from stressing over final exams? Take a moment to look through Austin City Limits Live’s December lineup. This holiday season from Dec. 2 through Dec. 31 ACL Live brings a wide variety of performers to Austin in celebration of Christmas.