The Eyes of Texas: Racist tradition or cornerstone of school sprit?
Student Government debated on Tuesday about whether to continue singing the University’s fight song “The Eyes of Texas” at its weekly meetings, amidst student and faculty criticisms that the song has a racist history. Read this story
NewsApril 18, 2018 4:20 PM
NewsApril 17, 2018 10:45 PM
NewsApril 17, 2018 10:29 PM
SponsoredMarch 13, 2018 9:43 AM
Life and ArtsApril 17, 2018 9:20 PM
NewsApril 17, 2018 10:21 PM
Latest in News
- The annual Pancakes for Parkinson's fundraiser is is for an "exemplary cause," as many students see it.
- April showers bring fall flowers. The Univeristy has been working to keep landscaping around campus in great shape.
Latest in Opinion
- Senior columnist Caleb Wong says that the university should consider its students and offer fall graduation ceremonies.
- Senior columnist Sam Groves advocates for addressing transgender individuals by their preferred pronouns.
Latest in Sports
- Football comes with a lot of uncertainties. While a fumble, blocked kick or dropped pass is controllable, there’s one thing that’s not — the weather.
- On the surface, Imani McGee-Stafford is used to winning.
Latest in Life & Arts
- On April 8, “The Simpsons” addressed a long standing controversy through an episode titled “No Good Read Goes Unpunished,” sparking massive talk about Indian American representation in the media.
- Reid Umstattd discusses the beginnings of his music career as a UT undergrad and competing on “The Voice.”